ngày 7 Tháng 5 năm 2018
Comfortable, strategic location and polite staff
- Due to its location in CBD area, most of the restaurants and bars close during the weekends.
- In the morning rush hours, the subways were extremely packed, so try to start your day earlier than the rush hours, or after that.
- Like most Japanese hotels, the room TV did not offer any international channels, so bring your own entertainment if you do not understand Japanese.
- Location is strategic, just next to one of the subway’s exits (Exit 5a of Higobashi station, but this exit does not have lift/escalator, so if you are carrying luggages, go up the lift by another exit and make your way to the hotel from the other side). If without luggage, it’s very convenient to get everywhere. Higobashi station is 1 station away from Nishi Umeda station (need to walk out from Osaka or Umeda station and find your way to Nishi Umeda station, the interchange is quite confusing at first, but there are quite a bit of signage in English and you can ask station staff too).
- Most importantly, there were a convenience shop, a Starbucks and a Matsuya (松屋) just a few steps outside the hotel. Matsuya comes in handy if you purchased your stay without breakfast. I've eaten Matsuya in different cities and outlets, and this outlet is one of the least oily and the food was tasty! Best thing is, it's cheap (filling breakfast for 360yen!) and open 24 hours too. Typically packed during lunchtime and dinnertime, with office workers (then you can just take away, the place is not very big). The staff speak limited English but they have English menu (in the machine) and you can point to picture too.
- Room was clean and comfortable. There were 3 types of shower in the bathroom (rain, body and handheld), which were very refreshing.
- Free coffee and tea for hotel guests at the front desk area. This is always a perk.
- Hotel also offers handy phone with internet for guests for free. I had my own mobile internet, so I did not use this service, but it's always good to have this choice.
- Staff were corteous, exceedingly polite and pleasant, but do not speak much English. From what I saw, most of their clientele are local business people from other cities, staying over for 1-2 nights for their biz trip. There were fewer foreigner guests, which explain their non English fluency.